Rifle Info & Bracket FAQ
Should I get an extra 12-gauge quick-release bracket?
No, you only need one per ShotKam. The camera stays firmly attached inside the bottom of the bracket, then the top of the bracket opens like a claw to clamp onto your shotgun barrel. The mount does not stay attached onto the barrel, so you only need one 12-gauge quick-release bracket per ShotKam Camera.
Can I mount ShotKam to my rifle?
Yes, the ShotKam can be mounted to most rifles using our sub-gauge brackets. They are $59 CAD each. Rifle dimensions can vary, so please measure the width of the rifle barrel at the location where your ShotKam will be mounted. Use a digital caliper to measure your barrel. Please see below for a complete compatibility list:
- For Large-Caliber Rifles (416, 458, .50 BMG): Our 12-Gauge Quick-Release Bracket is available for purchase: Buy 12-GA Now
- Specification for 12-GA mount: 19.5mm to 26mm barrel width at the location where your ShotKam will be mounted.
- For 30 Caliber Rifles (.300 win mag, .308, .338, 270, 30-06 or 7mm, 9.3 x 62mm, 9.3 x 74r express rifle): Our 20 Gauge Bracket is available for purchase: Buy 20-GA Now
- Specification for 20-GA mount: 18mm to 21.5mm barrel width at the location where your ShotKam will be mounted.
- For .243-Sized Rifles, 6.5 Creedmore, 7x64, etc.: Our 28 Gauge Bracket is available for purchase: Buy 28-GA Now
- Specification for 28-GA mount: 14.5mm to 18mm barrel width at the location where your ShotKam will be mounted.
- For AR-15, .223, and .22-Sized Rifles: Our .410 Bracket is available for purchase: Buy .410 Now
- Specification for .410 mount: 12mm to 14.5mm barrel width at the location where your ShotKam will be mounted.
Do you have a bracket for a 10 GA, 16 GA, or 20 GA Side-by-Side?
10 Gauge: Yes, your 10 GA shotgun will fit with our 12 Gauge Quick-Release Bracket, so you would not need an additional mount.
16 Gauge: Yes, your 16 GA shotgun will fit with our 12 Gauge Quick-Release Bracket, so you would not need an extra mount. Occasionally, the 16-gauge barrel may require adding an additional bracket pad. We include a free extra bracket pad in the "spare parts bag" that comes with each purchase, so if needed, you would be able to use that pad to make the 12-gauge just slightly smaller. With that said, the 12 Gauge Quick-Release Bracket typically works perfectly on a 10 GA, 12 GA, and 16 GA.
20 Gauge Side-By-Side: Yes, the ShotKam can be mounted to a 20 Gauge side-by-side
Can the ShotKam be mounted onto a magazine tube?
Yes, your purchase will automatically come with a 12 Ga quick-release bracket that will fit on most magazine extension tubes. The maximum diameter of the 12-gauge bracket is 27 mm (a little over 1 inch) and this 12-gauge is our largest bracket size. If your magazine tube is under 27mm in diameter, then you can mount the ShotKam onto it.